I have been making my own burger patties to grill every summer. At present, it is winter here in the Midwest and we are in the middle of a deep frost. Well, that will not stop me from grilling my stuffed burger patties because I can still make these babies indoors using a grill pan.
The patties that we will be making today is composed of ground beef and ground pork. I sometimes like to combine both meats especially when I only have 90/10 ground beef. Adding ground pork will provide more fat to the mixture that will keep the patties moist in the inside.
I am using a special tool today that will help me to easily stuff my burger patties. It is called stuffed burger press. It’s job is to mold the burger patty in a way that a huge cavity is created in the center. The space will then be stuffed with your preferred stuffing. For now, let’s stuff this with bell peppers and cheese.
Do not limit yourselves with just bell peppers and cheese. You can also add other ingredients to your stuffing, such as bacon and what have you. The key here is that you enjoy your stuffed burger. I think that chopped mushrooms and Swiss cheese (with caramelized onions) will also make a good stuffing for your burger patty.
Once your burger patties are ready and all stuffed-up, it’s time to grill these bad boys. I usually grill the first side for 3 minutes and then flip the patty for the other side to grill for up to 5 minutes. The result will be a medium stuffed burger. Add more grilling time if you want yours to be medium well. Remember, the longer the grilling time, the drier the burger patty gets.
Enjoy your stuffed burger patties with a hamburger bun. This can also be eaten as it is, just like what I did. You can even have this with rice. I suggest to add a bit of Worcestershire sauce for more flavor.
Try this Stuffed Burger Patties Recipe. Let me know what you think!
Stuffed Beef and Pork Burger Patties
- 3/4 lb. ground pork
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine ground pork, ground beef, parsley, garlic powder, salt. and ground black pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Scoop around 1/4 cup mixture from the bowl and roll it into a ball shaped figure using your hands.
- Put it in a middle of a burger stuffer tool. Press. Arrange a decent amount of bell peppers and cheese in the middle. Top with 2 to 3 tablespoons of meat mixture to secure the opening. Perform this step until all ingredients are consumed.
- Heat-up the grill or grilling pan. Start to grill the first side for 3 minutes. Turn it over and continue to grill the other side for 5 minutes.
- Arrange in a plate. Serve as it is or place it in between two buns.
- Share and enjoy!