Apple Glazed Pork Chop is a comforting pork chop recipe that you can prepare on regular days for either lunch or dinner. This recipe makes ordinary pork chop stand out. It can also adds some excitement to your taste buds.
This apple glazed pork chop recipe is tailored for people who don’t like their food to be too salty. You can always add salt if you think that this dish needs more.
I started out by pan frying the pork chop in cooking oil. You can use canola or vegetable oil for this recipe. Make sure that you do not over fry the pork chop so that it won’t get tough. It will also help to have thicker slices of pork chops so that the center will remain juicy and tender.
Not all pork chops are tender. If this is the case, you will need to simmer the pork chop in apple juice (and you can even add some water) for a longer time until it becomes tender. If you think that the dish needs more thyme, rosemary, and oregano, try to add a pinch of each.
I think that this Apple Glazed Pork Chop is nice for lunch if served along with baked stuffing or wild rice. Of course, white rice is also a good pair.
Try this Apple Glazed Pork Chop Recipe and let me know what you think.
Apple Glazed Pork Chop Recipe
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 pieces apples thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/8 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- a pinch of dried thyme
- a pinch of dried rosemary
- a pinch of dried oregano
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Run salt and pepper on the pork chop. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Pan Fry both sides of the pork chop until it turns brown. Remove excess oil.
- Pour-in the apple juice. Let boil.
- Add rosemary, oregano, thyme, and half of the brown sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes (add extra apple juice as necessary). Turn the heat off when the sauce reduces.
- Heat a separate skillet and then put in the butter.
- Add the onion, apples, and remaining sugar. Stir and then cook for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the pork chop in a serving plate and then top with the apples and onion.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!