Apple Pie is a type of fruit pie with sweet baking apple mixture as filling. This Apple Pie recipe is simple and easy. I think that this pie does not need any introduction, since it has become one of the most popular pies around. This recipe is simple and straightforward. You will surely love the result.
You might be enjoying this type of pie since you were a child, but do you know which apple varieties are used to make this delightful pie? There are specific apple varieties that are recommended to be used in making Apple Pie; they are often called baking apples. Baking apples are usually crisp and acidic, but not too sweet. Baking Bites lists some of the baking apples that you can use. I used Granny Smith apples for this recipe.
How does this Apple Pie Recipe work?
This recipe involves two general steps. The first is to prepare the pie, while the second is to bake it in the oven.
Prepare the apple pie by mixing all the ingredients in a large bowl (except for the dough and butter). Arrange a pastry dough in a circular pan and then pour the mixture in. Top with butter and cover with the second pastry dough. You will need to make holes on the dough so that steam can escape when baking.
The baking process is simple. Preheat the oven to 425 F and then bake. You may also want to apply egg wash on the pie before baking to make it look nicer when done.
Enjoy this Apple Pie recipe and let me know your progress. Drop a comment if you need some clarification.
Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 Pastry doughs
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 to 8 pieces baking apples granny smith's; peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine apples, sugars, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon then mix well.
- Set 1 pastry dough on a round cake or pie pan then put-in the apple mixture and arrange.
- Distribute butter on top of the apple mixture.
- Cover with the second pie crust then seal the edges.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Share and enjoy!