This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Craving for something tasty and comforting? You’re in luck. I recently made myself a very lovely Sweet Potato Pie. This is how I reward myself after working long hours on my day job. Care for a slice?
You will see the details on the Sweet Potato Pie Recipe below. This is a comfort food to most of the people I know (including myself). I’m not surprised why a lot of people love this dessert. It is nourishing; it tastes great; and it does not cost much. To top all that, did you know that making one is not that complicated?
This Pie Recipe is simple and quick. Have the ingredients ready and grab your baking tools, I’m about to show you how to pamper yourselves in the comfort of your own homes through this Sweet Potato Pie recipe.
Try this Sweet Potato Pie Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Water for boiling sweet potatoes
- Heat a large cooking pot and pour-in water. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in sweet potatoes then simmer for 45 minutes in medium heat.
- Turn-off heat and remove the sweet potatoes. Let cool.
- Run cold water on the potatoes while gently peeling the skins off. This can easily be done using your fingers.
- Mash the sweet potatoes using a fork, a masher, or a pastry mixer.
- Combine the mashed sweet potato and butter then mix well. You may use an electric mixer to make things easier.
- Put-in milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar then mix until the texture becomes smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the mixture on the pie crust.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!