Pumpkin Pie is a type of dessert pie made from pumpkin. This delicious dessert is usually made between autumn to early winter when pumpkins are just about right to harvest. However, due to the availability of canned pumpkins, this delightful pie dessert can be made all year round.
The procedure in making pumpkin pie is simple; it is almost the same as making a sweet potato pie. The ingredients are not costly and should be readily available in your local groceries.
I used the canned pumpkin for this recipe, but you can also use fresh pumpkin if it is available. All you need to do is boil the pumpkin until it becomes soft then mash it the same way you do with mashed potato.
I like pumpkin pie for its simplicity. It may not be something fancy or elegant, but there is something in it that makes me feel comfortable.
Try this pumpkin pie recipe and let me know your thoughts.
- 1 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 pastry dough for a single crust pie get recipe here
- 2 pieces eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cups fresh milk
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg in a bowl then mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs and continue mixing until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Put-in the pumpkin and fold-in with the other ingredients.
- Gradually add the milk while mixing.
- Pour the mixture on the pastry dough (uncooked pie crust) and place inside the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for another 40 to 45 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve, Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: