Asian Beef with Mushroom is an easy beef stir fry dish that takes less than 3o minutes to prepare. This is best for those of you who want to enjoy good food even if there is a limited time to spare. Have it with rice or top it over egg noodles — the choice is yours.
I am using sirloin for this recipe. Flank steak is also a good beef cut to use because both are tender. The key here is to choose a tender cut of beef because this will be cooked really quick and we want to be sure that our beef will be still be tender regardless of the cooking time.
The mushrooms that I am using for this Asian Beef with Mushroom recipe are the fresh white mushrooms that you normally see in the supermarket. All I do is slice these into thin pieces. You can also get the sliced fresh mushrooms to save time.
As for the soy sauce, I love my Filipino soy sauce, but I recommend light soy sauce for this recipe. You can still use your favorite Filipino soy sauce if you insist, but you will need to reduce it to 4 tablespoons. Since we are stir-frying, we will need high heat all throughout the process.
It’s time to get all the ingredients and make this Asian Beef with Mushroom for lunch or dinner. I am very sure that you can do this with ease. Use the comment box below if you have questions. Cheers!
Try this Asian Beef with Mushroom Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Asian Beef with Mushroom
- 1 lb. flank steak or sirloin thinly sliced and cut into serving pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 12 to 15 pieces snow peas
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry or Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, ground black pepper, and sherry (or Chinese cooking wine) in a bowl. Mix well. Set aside
- Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil in a wok or wide pan.
- Once the oil gets hot, slowly add the beef slices. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes until the beef turns brown.
- Add the onion. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in the mushrooms and snow peas. continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
- Pour-in the soy sauce mixture. Stir. Make sure that all the ingredients are blended properly. Continue to cook for a minute.
- Pour-in the beef broth. Let boil. Add the cornstarch diluted in water. Stir. Cook until the sauce gets thick.
- Add salt if needed.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!