Steamed Lapu-Lapu is steamed fish (particularly Grouper) stuffed with lemon and ginger with sweet lemon-ginger sauce. Though simple, this recipe is beneficial to your health. Fish is a low calorie food that is also low in fat.
Recent studies also concluded that eating fish regularly can cut the risk of death from heart disease by a third. There were even studies claiming that eating fish can lessen the risk of Prostate Cancer, Depression, and Inflammation (Omega 3 fatty acids are regarded on this).
Try this Steamed Fish (Lapu-Lapu) recipe.
Easy Steamed Fish Recipe
- 1 medium sized Lapu-Lapu Grouper fish, cleaned, scales removed, and salted
- 4 slices of lemon or dayap
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 tbsp ginger cut into strips
- 2 tbsp lemon zest either grated or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the fish over an aluminum foil (the foil must be large enough to cover the entire fish)
- Stuff the fish with slices of lemon and 2 tbsp ginger strips then securely close the foil.
- Place the foil with fish in a steamer and steam for 20 to 30 minutes (this will depend on the size of the fish)
- While steaming, heat a saucepan and put-in the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar and stir until it fully dissolves in the lemon juice.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Put-in the lemon zest and 1 tbsp ginger strips then simmer until sauce becomes somewhat thick
- Remove the fish from the steamer and aluminum foil cover and place in a serving plate.
- Pour over the sauce and garnish with cilantro
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy.