This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Bacon and avocado sandwich is a quick and easy meal that you can enjoy for breakfast or lunch. I thought that the bacon and avocado are a good combination especially when paired with a rich and tasty spread such as mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.
This Bacon and Avocado Sandwich have both good taste and nice texture, which were brought about by the different ingredient and the manner that they are prepared. For example, using extra crisp bacon will really give it a nice crisp texture. So when you take a bite, you first experience the delicious taste of the spread, followed by then the richness of the avocado, and then you feel the crisp bacon crunch on your mouth – releasing its entire yummy flavor. Seems like there is a Symphony of flavor going on; your taste buds will absolutely get pumped-up.
Do you know how to make the bacon extra crisp? I have 2 ways to the do that: the usual way and the lazy way. The usual way is to cook the bacon in a pan (without any oil) until it gets crisp. This entails cooking in low to medium heat for around 4 to 6 minutes per side and making sure that all the oil goes out of the bacon strip. This will take a little practice, but it works. The lazy way is to arrange all the bacon strips in a baking tray and then bake it in 350F for 15 to 18 minutes or until you see that the bacon is swimming in its own oil and looking crisp. We also made a guid on other ways to cook bacon through this article. How about you, how do you do it?
This goes well with a glass of cold orange juice or lemonade.
Try this quick and easy Bacon and Avocado Sandwich Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 3 bacon strips cooked crisp
- 1 leaf curly lettuce
- 2 slices of tomatoes
- Half side of 1 medium avocado sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 bread slices
- Combine the mustard and mayonnaise. Mix well. Set aside.
- Toast the bread slices in the way that you prefer.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture equally on both bread slices.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing a slice of bread on a flat surface (side with mayo facing up). Top with lettuce leaf, tomato slices, bacon, and avocado slices. You can even add cheese if preferred.
- Top the avocado with the other slice of bread. The side with mayo spread should be facing down.
- Serve with your favorite drink.
- Share and enjoy!