This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Bacon and Egg Fried Rice is a quick, easy, and tasty fried rice recipe that you can enjoy for lunch. It can be a meal in itself because of the bacon and eggs, but you can always eat this with yummy dishes such as beef stir fry or chicken stir fry.
This Bacon and Egg Fried Rice Recipe is a must keep because the result is really awesome. It starts by searing chopped bacon in a pan until most of the fat comes out. The bacon fat will be used as the oil in making the fried rice. Since we don’t want too much fat (and bacon has a lot, believe me), you will need to scoop out some bacon fat until just the right amount is left. Eggs are fried in the bacon fat before the rice and other ingredients are added. When it comes to rice, make sure that you use leftover rice for better results. You can also reference to out Tips in cooking fried rice.
It is important that you constantly stir the rice while being cooked. Since high heat is often applied, there is a big possibility for the rice to burn if you do not do this. Although the steps below in this Bacon and Egg Fried Rice Recipe do no directly state this, constant stirring should be implied in every fried rice recipe. This is done gradually by using a spatula. Gently scrape the top of the pan with a spatula to the point that you are removing the rice sticking on the pan. Do not apply to much pressure especially if you are using a metal spatula as it might damage the pan. Take extra caution so that you will not mess-up the texture of the rice.
Try This Bacon and Egg Fried Rice Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 6 cups leftover white rice
- 10 strips uncooked bacon chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- Heat a Dutch oven and then put-in the chopped bacon.
- Let the bacon cook until semi-crispy and all the oils come out.
- Scoop out excess oil to the point that around 4 to 5 tablespoons are left.
- Put the bacon on one end of the Dutch oven or cooking pot and then fry the eggs on the other side.
- When the eggs are cooked, use the spatula to chop them into small pieces.
- Put-in the rice. Sprinkle salt and garlic powder. Gently stir while cooking for about 4 minutes.
- Pour-in soy sauce. Stir and then cook for 4 minutes. Stir continuously by scooping the rice at the bottom to prevent it from getting burnt.
- Add the green peas. Stir once more and cook for another 3 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with your favorite main dish. Share and enjoy!