This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One of the simplest appetizer that I enjoy eating (and making) is Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallop. It is yummy and has a balanced flavor. The marriage between the bacon and scallop always works out great. In addition, it is easy to prepare. In fact, this recipe is intended for beginners.
I did not prepare any sauce for this dish. The garlic rub and the butter that I topped on the scallop is enough. However, feel free to add your favorite sauce to it. One good homemade sauce that I usually pair this with is ranch dressing. It is creamy with the right amount of spice.
If you want this dish to have a hint of lemon, please refer to a previous similar recipe that I shared. It is called Bacon Wrapped Scallops in Lemon Garlic Sauce.
This dish was actually our appetizer for New Year’s Eve dinner (Media Noche). It was delicious, especially when eaten with seafood paella (I also had this as a main dish) and paired with Chardonnay.
Happy cooking and enjoy! Let me know if you have questions.
Try this Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallop Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 9 to 12 pieces large sea scallops
- 9 to 12 strips of bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter sliced into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place the scallops in a bowl. Add garlic powder and salt. Rub all over the scallops.
- Wrap 1 strip of bacon on the sides of a scallop. Secure by inserting a toothpick into the scallop. Do this step until all the scallops are wrapped with bacon.
- Arrange the bacon wrapped scallops on a baking tray. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Top each piece with a cube of butter.
- Arrange in a serving plate. Sprinkle minced parsley all over the scallops.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!