Bacon wrapped scallops makes a perfect appetizer, especially when you top it with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce. This was our appetizer during our New Year dinner (Media Noche).
This delicious appetizer dish might look fancy, but this is really a simple dish that anyone can easily prepare. Imagine those nice succulent scalloped wrapped in juicy tasty bacon. In fact,all you need to do is wrap bacon around a piece of large scallop and seal it with a toothpick. You will need to cook it (fry and bake)while the toothpick is still on so that the bacon won’t get loose. However, it can be removed later on before serving. Simple and delightful, isn’t it?
Who could go wrong with bacon, anyway?
Try this recipe and enjoy. Happy Eating!
Bacon wrapped Scallops in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 lb scallops
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wrap each scallop with a strip of bacon then secure using a wooden toothpick.
- Heat a frying pan then put-in the butter and allow to melt.
- Fry the bacon-wrapped scallops for about 3 minutes per side.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the fried bacon-wrapped scallops for 15 minutes.
- Heat the same pan where the scallops were fried. With the remaining butter, sprinkle the garlic powder and put-in the lemon juice. Cook for a minute then turn-off heat.
- Arrange the baked bacon-wrapped scallops in a serving plate then top with lemon garlic butter sauce.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!