This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Potatoes can be a universal ingredient because of the thousands of potato recipes around. Aside from the popular potato recipes such as French Fries, Mashed Potato, Roast Potatoes, Potato Wedges, Baked Potato Recipe, Potato Croquettes, and Baked Potato Skin is becoming a favorite appetizer.
This Baked Potato Skin Recipe uses Potato Skins starting from the outer layer of baking potatoes. This is prepared by simply slicing a single potato in half (lengthwise), and scraping it until the desired thickness is achieved – or shall I say thinness.
The good thing about baked potato skin recipe is that you can put any ingredient that you want, depending on your preference. For commonality sake, we will be doing the usual recipe for potato skins, but I added some crumbled bacon to make it more appealing.
If you are new to cooking and would like to try quick and easy recipes, this Baked Potato Skin Recipe is your starting point. It does not require advanced cooking skills and experience. All you will need are the ingredients and an oven to complete this recipe.
This Baked Potato Skin Recipe makes a good appetizer dish that you can share with your friends and family.
I’m sure that they will love it.
Try this Baked Potato Skins Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 4 to 5 large baking potatoes
- 6 pieces cooked bacon strips crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, salt, garlic powder, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and paprika. Mix well. Set aside
- Slice the potatoes in half (lengthwise). Scrape the pulp until the thickness reaches about a quarter of an inch.
- Brush the oil and spice mixture on each potato skin. Grease a baking tray, and arrange the potato skin.
- Place inside the oven and bake each side for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange crumbled bacon and sharp cheddar cheese in each potato skin.
- Put-back in the oven and bake for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down.
- Put sour cream on top and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve as an appetizer. Share and enjoy!