This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Banana Cream Pie is a type of pie filled with a rich filling that is usually made from milk, cornstarch or flour, and eggs. The main ingredient, banana, is usually placed at the center layer between the filling.
This simple pie dessert recipe is so rich and delicious. It has the right amount of sweetness and the taste is heavenly. Another good thing that I liked about this recipe is it does not involve baking.
By simply looking at the picture, you’ll notice how good it looks. I know that you’ll all agree (you should). My wife made this and she’ll be reading this article soon. Have I told you that this is my favorite pie? 🙂
Seriously, this is really good. You should try making this soon because you don’t know what you are missing.
I want to chat with you more, but we are scheduled to make red velvet cupcakes tonight. How about dropping-in a comment to extend this conversation? I’ll check your comments later. Ciao!
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 pieces ripe bananas sliced crosswise about 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs, 6 tablespoons butter, and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl then mix.
- Arrange the mixture in a 9 inch pie or cake pan. Gently Press the mixture to make it more compact.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Make the filling by heating a saucepan. Put-in 3/4 cup sugar, salt, cornstarch, and milk. Continuously stir until the mixture thickens and reaches boiling point.
- Meanwhile, place the egg yolks in another mixing bowl and beat. Get 1/2 cup of the milk mixture from the sauce pan (do not turn off the heat yet) then mix with the beaten egg yolks.
- Stir-in egg yolk mixture on the saucepan and continue cooking in low heat for 2 to 3 minutes while Stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat then put-in 2 tablespoons butter and vanilla extract then stir.
- Transfer the mixture on a bowl then refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Scoop half of the filling and arrange on the pie or cake pan with graham cracker crust.
- Arrange the sliced bananas on top of the mixture.
- Pour the remaining filling over the sliced bananas.
- Prepare the topping by combining the heavy whipping cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat using an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Spread the topping over the last layer of filling.
- Garnish with chocolate curls (optional).
- Serve. Share and enjoy!