This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Lettuce wrap is one of the most sought after appetizer dish in Asian restaurants mainly because it is tasty and looks appetizing. This Barbecued Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe is a quick and easy lettuce wrap version that you can prepare in your own kitchen.
There are many ways to prepare lettuce wraps. Some have fried rice noodles in them while other even have other fancy ingredients. What we have here is an easy to prepare lettuce wrap that will make your taste buds longing for more. I used organic butter lettuce for this recipe because it tastes fresh and delightful. However, do not limit yourself to this ingredient. You can always use iceberg lettuce, which is the common variety of lettuce used in restaurants for this dish.
So, how long does it take for you to make lettuce wraps? Well, I would say “Very fast”. As long as you have all the Ingredients ready in front, you can expect to enjoy your lettuce wraps in the next 15 to 18 minutes.
Try this Barbecued Chicken Lettuce wrap recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast cubed
- 2 cups fresh Shiitake mushroom chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 ounces chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 6 teaspoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 head iceberg or butter lettuce
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok.
- Put-in the chicken. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Put-in the chopped mushroom. Season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put-in the chopped water chestnuts, bell pepper, and green onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and Hoisin sauce. Stir until all the ingredients are coated.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a plate. Scoop some mixture in each lettuce leaf.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!