BBQ Chicken Wrap
BBQ Chicken Wrap is a light and healthy dish that you can have for lunch or dinner. It is easy to make and tastes yummy too. I made this using sun dried tomato tortilla, but you can also use spinach tortilla or regular flour tortillas. The wrap is composed of sliced grilled chicken BBQ (using…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
BBQ Chicken Wrap is a light and healthy dish that you can have for lunch or dinner. It is easy to make and tastes yummy too. I made this using sun dried tomato tortilla, but you can also use spinach tortilla or regular flour tortillas.
The wrap is composed of sliced grilled chicken BBQ (using boneless chicken breasts), chopped fresh Romaine lettuce, coleslaw veggies such as green and purple cabbages and carrots. I also added some shredded cheddar cheese to make it taste better.
There is a bit of cooking involved in the process, but it is quick and simple. Boneless chicken breasts need to be rubbed with salt and oil before grilling. It takes around 6 minutes per side to grill the breasts. The first 3 minutes (per side) was done without brushing the BBQ sauce. I applied the basting sauce after 3 minutes and continued to grill the chicken for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. The result was tasty and tender. I really loved it.
If you want to make a roasted version of bone-in BBQ chicken, you might want to consider making this Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken Recipe.
Try this BBQ Chicken Wrap Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
BBQ Chicken Wrap
- 2 4 oz. pieces boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce homemade or store bought
- 1/2 cup sharp chaddar cheese
- 2 pieces large flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped fresh romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1/4 cup carrots julienne
- Rub salt all over the chicken breasts. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Coat the chicken with vegetable oil.
- Heat-up the grill. Start to grill one side of the chicken for 3 minutes per side.
- Baste BBQ sauce on each side of the chicken and continue to grill for another 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and let it cool down.
- Slice the grilled chicken BBQ croswise into strips. Apply the remaining BBQ sauce on top.
- Meanwhile, lay a piece of flour tortilla flat on a large plate. Arrange half of each fresh vegetables (see recipe above) over the tortilla. Top with cheese and slices of chicken from one breast.
- Secure the contents by wrapping the tortilla all over it. Do this by folding a quarter of both sides (left and right) inwards. Roll the flour tortilla from bottom to top until the contents are secured.
- Serve with your favorite dressing.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment