One of the best appetizers that I had is Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wrap. It is flavorful and delicious, and easy to make. This is something that you should include in your meal plan especially this spring and summer.
This chicken lettuce wrap recipe makes use of our tried and tested chicken teriyaki. We are also making our own teriyaki sauce, but you can always get bottled teriyaki sauce from the supermarket if you want to save time.
Butter lettuce is my preferred lettuce variety in all my lettuce wraps because I love its crisp texture and taste. It is up to you to choose the type of lettuce that you will use.
Try this Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 1 serving chicken teriyaki click here for the recipe
- 1 whole butter leaf lettuce or iceberg lettuce cleaned and leaves separated
- 1/2 serving teriyaki sauce click here for the recipe Note: use only half the amount indicated in the recipe.
- 1/2 cup carrots julienne
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Prepare the teriyaki chicken using the recipe link above. Chop the teriyaki chicken breasts into cubes. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger. Saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the chopped chicken teriyaki, carrot, 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, and teriyaki sauce. Stir. Cook for 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a plate.Let it cool.
- Scoop the chicken mixture and place on a piece of lettuce. Arrange the lettuce in a serving plate. Top with remaining sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Serve as an appetizer.