This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You can use this basic Teriyaki sauce to make delicious Teriyaki dishes and sauces. This recipe is so quick to prepare. You can make one in 10 minutes.
What’s nice about this Teriyaki sauce is that you can use this as a marinade to make chicken teriyaki or any teriyaki dishes. You can also transform this into a Teriyaki glaze to top your favorite fish or meat dishes. All you will need to do is to dilute about a teaspoon of cornstarch with 2 teaspoons of water and add it on the recipe below. This also makes a good dipping sauce.
Consider this as your secret ingredient when making Teriyaki dishes. You can basically prepare any Teriyaki dish using this sauce.
Try this Teriyaki Sauce Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 8 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake rice wine or sherry
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- Heat a saucepan.
- Pour-in the soy sauce, water, and rice wine. Stir.
- Gradually add the white and brown sugars. Stir.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Stir and then cook until the liquid starts boiling.
- Turn the heat off. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Let the mixture pass through a strainer to trap the garlic and ginger.
- Let cool. Serve as a sauce or use as an ingredient to cook your favorite teriyaki dish.
- Share and enjoy!