Bean Sprout Chicken is a quick and easy Asian chicken dish that goes well with a bowl of rice. This recipe is easy to follow and the outcome is a good dish full of Asian flavor.
I like bean sprout chicken because it is low in fat and cholesterol and it has a mild delicious taste that pampers my taste buds. The dish always satisfies my tummy every time I have this for lunch.
Before I forget, note that it is important to not overcook the bean sprouts. Feel free to adjust the amount of heat and cooking time depending on the condition of your bean sprouts.
Adding some cooking wine will help improve the taste of this dish. I am using Shaoxing wine every time I prepared this dish.
Try this Bean Sprout Chicken Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Bean Sprout Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast sliced into thin pieces
- 3 cups mung bean sprouts washed
- 3/4 cups scallions cut in 1 inch length
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Add the sliced chicken breast. Cook for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Add the soy sauce, cooking wine, and sesame oil. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the mung bean sprouts. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the scallions, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper.Stir and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve.Share and enjoy!