This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Beef in Oyster Sauce with Snow Peas is a perfect dish for dinner. It can go well with rice or with sauteed vegetables on the side. I love to have this dish with a glass of Merlot.
In order for you to have a tender beef, make sure that you purchase tender beef cuts such as sirloin. However, if you will be using beef cuts that are not tender then I suggest that you slice the beef as thin as possible. It will also help if you use a meat tenderizer tool. This tool looks like a hammer wherein one side is flat and the other is kinda spiky.
Do not get intimidated with the look of the dish.Yes, beef in oyster sauce looks irresistibly good, and you can make this exact dish with ease; all you have to do is follow the recipe below.
Before I forget, Snow peas might not be available in some supermarkets. You can use snap pea as a substitute.
Try this Beef in Oyster Sauce with Snow Peas Recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. Sirloin thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 lb. snow peas cleaned
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the sirloin. Continue to sauté until the beef turns medium brown.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and water. Stir. Let boil.
- Cover and cook in low to medium heat for 30 to 45 minutes. You can add water if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to adjust the flavor. Stir.
- Put the snow peas in. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the water with cornstarch. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!