Beef Short Rib Sinigang Na May Pakwan is a version of sinigang na baka with slices of watermelon. It has the same sour taste of sinigang that I love and it tastes fresh with a hint of sweetness. I think that the watermelon blended well with all the ingredients and it helped made the dish more interesting.
I first learned about this dish only a year ago during our family vacation in the Philippines. I was somewhat skeptical when the dish was brought to the table. It is a normal feeling if something unusual or not common is presented to you. All the skepticism and doubt went away once I started to sip the piping hot soup. It was not bad — not bad at all. In fact, I liked it. This is the reason why I am sharing this recipe to you.
I am using Knorr Sinigang na may Gabi recipe mix for this dish because it always provides the amount of sourness and consistency that I prefer. I liked how it makes my sinigang dish as sour as I want it to be, while having a soup with a thicker consistency.
The combination in this dish might be new to you too. How about giving it a shot to see for yourself? Let me know how you liked it by posting your comments below.
Try this Beef Short Rib Sinigang Na May Pakwan Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Beef Short Rib Sinigang Na May Pakwan
- 2 lbs. beef short rib
- 2 25g pack Knorr Sinigang na may Gabi Recipe Mix
- 2 cups fresh watermelon sliced and seeds removed
- 1 bunch of kangkong leaves with stalk cut into serving pieces
- 12 to 15 pieces snake beans sitaw, cut into 2 inch length
- 1 medium tomato wedged
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- Pour water in a pot or pressure cooker. Let boil.
- Add tomato and onion. Continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Put the beef short rib in the pressure cooker. Cover. Pressure cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover of the pressure cooker. Add the watermelon. Continue to boil for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the Knorr Sinigang na may Gabi Recipe Mix. Stir. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the snake beans. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ground black pepper and fish sauce. Stir.
- Put the kangkong leaves and stalk into the pot. Cover. Let it stay for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Beef Short Rib Sinigang Na May Pakwan