This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A Cornbread is a type of bread made with cornmeal. It is considered as a quick bread (these breads that take lesser time to make); this type of bread can be made using different cooking methods. This is an easy Cornbread Recipe that you can do anytime.
The common ways of making cornbread are baking, frying, and steaming. Each cooking method will produce a different cornbread. Steamed cornbread are more like the Filipino Pudding. It has a heavy chewy texture. Baked corn breads, on the other hand, are similar to corn cakes. This is the type of corn bread that will be produced by following this Cornbread Recipe.
Cornbread is very popular in the USA. This is usually eaten with barbecue, beef brisket, pulled pork, and even chili. Some people like to have cornbread to go with their soup. As for me, I like dipping baked cornbread in coffee.
Cornbread Muffins is a more flavorful version of cornbread. Its flavor and texture can be compared to Kenny Roger’s Roasters Corn Muffins. Aside from using cornmeal, it also requires sorn kernels. This sweet corn kernels make these muffins taste better.
I tried eating chicken barbecue and chicken inasal with cornbread that were made using this Cornbread Recipe, and I enjoyed it.
Try this Cornbread recipe and let me know what you think.
Watch the How to Make Cornbread Video:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 pieces raw eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the eggs and milk with the creamed butter and sugar.
- Gradually put-in the flour and cornmeal mixture while mixing the other ingredients.
- Pour the batter in a rectangular cake pan.
- Place inside the oven and bake for 21 to 25 minutes
- Remove the cake pan from the oven and let cool.
- Slice the corn bread into serving pieces.
- Transfer to a serving plate, and then serve.
- Share and enjoy!