This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cabbage Soup is nice tasting low calorie soup dish. It is also the main element for the Cabbage Soup Diet.This Cabbage Soup Recipe has approximately 63 calories per cup. The low calorie content of this soup was the main reason why it was associated to weight loss. It will take more calories to digest this soup compared to its actual calorie content. This is why this soup is considered a negative calorie food.
During the course of the diet, cabbage soup is consumed along with other low calorie foods such as fruits and whole grains for 7 straight days. During this period, a person can lose 7 to 12 pounds depending on metabolism. However, this diet is being discouraged because of health reasons. The vitamins and nutrients in this Cabbage Soup Recipe is not enough for our daily needs.
I like cabbage soup not because of its weigh loss benefits, but for its delicious taste. I like how the chicken broth compliments the tomato sauce, along with the nice texture of the cabbage. To me, the weight loss effects of this Cabbage Soup Recipe can be considered a bonus. In addition, this soup is very easy and quick to prepare.
Try this Cabbage Soup Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
- 1 medium head cabbage cored and chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 15 ounces organic tomato sauce
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking Procedure
- Heat the olive oil in a cooking pot, and then saute onion and garlic.
- Add the cabbage, and then cook for a minute.
- Pour-in the organic tomato sauce and low sodium chicken broth. Stir and let boil.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!