Cheesy Baked Macaroni is a good dish to prepare this holiday season. It is delicious, cheesy, and a sure crowd pleaser. This can be prepared during Christmas dinner, or you can bring this along for your potluck parties.
My entire family loves pasta; the richer and cheesier, the better. Cheesy Baked Macaroni is one of our favorite pasta dishes. We love it with a toasted sliced of loaf bread with butter, or even garlic bread.
This has similarities with the previous baked macaroni recipe that I posted. The main difference is the type of cheese used and the amount of bell peppers, which I think helps gives this dish a unique overall taste. Both are great recipes that I am really proud of.
I hope that you enjoy the holidays with your loved ones. Cheers!
Try this Cheesy Baked Macaroni Recipe. Enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Cheesy Baked Macaroni
Cheesy Baked Macaroni
- 1 lb. macaroni
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Tomato meat sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Knorr beef cube
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small yellow onion cubed
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 lb. tomato sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups fresh milk
- ½ cup quick melt cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Cook the tomato meat sauce by heating oil in a pot.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and bell pepper for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Continue to cook until it browns.
- Add the Knorr Beef Cube. Stir.
- Pour the tomato sauce in the cooking pot. Stir and let boil.
- Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare the white sauce by melting the butter in a pot.
- Add the all-purpose flour. Stir until the flour absorbs the butter and lumps are formed.
- Pour the milk in the cooking pot. Continuously stir the mixture while heating the milk until the flour dilutes completely. You can use a wire whisk while mixing to make the texture smooth (be careful with the Teflon pot though, if you are using one).
- Add the quick melt cheese. Continue to stir until the cheese completely melts and is well blended with the mixture. Turn the heat off.
- Arrange the macaroni in a mixing bowl. Pour the tomato meat sauce in and then mix well. Add a few tablespoons of the white sauce in the bowl along with some shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Arrange the macaroni mixture on a baking pan. Top with remaining white sauce. Make sure to spread the sauce all over to cover the top.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!