Chicken ala King is a rich and creamy chicken dish that goes well over warm biscuit or bread. This dish is yummy and easy to make. Most people think that making this dish needs a lot of skill. I say determination is more important than skill at this point because skill can be developed. Simply follow the recipes below and you should be good.
How easy is it to cook chicken ala king? It will be easier and quicker if you will use pre-cooked chicken breasts. However, since I want you to go and learn every step for you to experience making the entire dish from scratch. First is to boil the chicken breast. This is easy, correct? Next is to sauté the vegetables in butter and prepare the sauce. The last part is to add the boiled chicken and season it with salt and pepper. It is as straightforward as this. Don’t worry. Every step is detailed in the recipe below. I also added a cooking video to guide you further.
There are a few items that I want to emphasize in order for you to have a successful dish. The flavor is in the sauce. Vegetables and chicken alone are not enough to provide flavor to this dish. Chicken broth or stock can be added to make the sauce, or better yet use chicken cube (bouillon) to make the taste of chicken stand out. That is what I did.
The sauce, which can be classified as béchamel with veggies, should have the right amount of consistency. Adjust it by adding more milk if it’s too thick, or add more flour if it needs to be thickened more.
Enjoy Chicken ala King for lunch or dinner with your loved ones. Enjoy!
Try this Chicken ala King Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Chicken ala King Recipe
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 piece Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1 ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 1 piece green bell pepper chopped
- 2 ounces pimiento peppers
- ½ cup butter
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups fresh milk
- 1 quart water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil water in a cooking pot. Add chicken breast. Cover and cook in medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot. Let it cool down. Slice into cubes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. Continue to cook in low to medium heat until butter gets hot.
- Saute onion, green bell pepper, and mushroom.
- Add Knorr Chicken cube. Continue to stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Add all-purpose flour. Stir.
- Pour milk into the pot. Stir. Let boil.
- Add cubed chicken and pimiento. Season the chicken ala king with salt and ground black pepper. Continue to cook while stirring for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!