Chicken and Rice Casserole is an easy to prepare casserole recipe that is full of flavor. I like how the flavor of cream of chicken and mushroom blends with the rest of the ingredients – there is always a celebration going-on in my mouth every time I chew.
By the definition that I provided above, it is obvious that I am a fan of Chicken and Rice Casserole. I mean, the flavor is out of this world and the preparation was so quick. If I have all the ingredients in front of me, I can prepare Chicken and Rice Casserole to be ready for baking in 2 minutes. Once the Chicken and Rice Casserole is ready for baking, I placed it inside the oven and did other things while waiting for it to cook. I had time to catch up with other important things that needs attention while the oven bakes our dinner. Awesome!
If you are thinking of a delicious chicken dish that is packed with flavor and that the kids will approve, maybe you ought to check out this Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe. The result is great and the ingredients are not expensive.
Try this Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe. Enjoy!
Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts sliced lenghtwise into 4 to 6 pieces
- 1 10 oz. can Cream of Chicken and Mushroom
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine or long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 envelope French onion dip mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Lightly salt the chicken breast. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine Cream of Chicken and Mushroom, water, and French onion dip mix. Stir to mix.
- Add-in rice and mixed vegetables. Gently stir to distribute all the ingredients.
- Pour the rice mixture on a baking dish. Top with the chicken pieces.Place inside the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and gently stir the rice mixture so that it will be cooked equally.Place it back in the oven and continue to bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the rice is about done. Remove from the oven and top with shredded cheese.
- Put it back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Take the baking dish from the oven and serve.
- Share and enjoy!