Chicken Barbecue Fried Rice is one fried rice recipe variation that uses grilled or baked chicken as a main ingredient.
This recipe is perfect if you have left over chicken and rice. Instead of throwing them away, you can turn these leftovers into something interesting. In my case, I make Chicken Barbecue Fried Rice whenever I have chicken barbecue or chicken inasal leftover. I also make sure that I use day old cooked rice.
I am sure that all of us want to make the best fried rice possible. In order to that, we have to ensure the quality of our ingredients. Rice is the most important ingredient in any fried rice recipe. The less sticky the rice is the better. When rice turns cold, it becomes less sticky. This is the reason why day old or refrigerated cooked rice is recommended.
The flavor for this fried rice recipe comes from the grilled chicken and barbecue sauce. You can use more than a cup of chicken barbecue if desired, but do not add more barbecue sauce other than the recommended measurement (unless you are adding more rice). You don’t want the flavor of your fried rice to be over powering.
What version of fried rice is your favorite? Can you tell us more about it?
Try this Chicken Fried Rice Recipe and let me know what you think.
Chicken Barbecue Fried Rice
- 1 cup chicken barbecue or chicken inasal finely chopped
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce Sweet Baby Ray's or any brand
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine salt with the rice and mix well.
- Heat a pan and pour-in the cooking oil.
- Add garlic when the oil becomes hot, and then cook until the color turns medium brown.
- Put-in the chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the barbecue sauce. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Put-in the rice and gently mix until the sauce and chicken is well distributed. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Turn the heat off, and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with your favorite main dish.
- Share and enjoy!