Easy Chicken Barbecue Recipe
After long months of winter, spring is finally here. This means that I can start to heat-up the grill and make my favorite barbecue dishes. Chicken barbecue is in the top 5 of my list and the version that I grew-up making when I was in the Philippines was the first version of chicken barbecue…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
After long months of winter, spring is finally here. This means that I can start to heat-up the grill and make my favorite barbecue dishes. Chicken barbecue is in the top 5 of my list and the version that I grew-up making when I was in the Philippines was the first version of chicken barbecue that I prepared for this year.
As we all know, there are hundreds of chicken barbecue recipes around. There are quick and simple chicken barbecue recipes that involve only chicken and barbecue sauce, while there are others that require marinades. This Chicken barbecue recipe that I will feature today makes use of a not so common marinade mixture. The recipe for barbecue chicken marinade that I used may not be popular, but it works great; that is the reason why I still use this recipe until today when I make chicken barbecue.
After making several chicken barbecue throughout the years, my major challenge is how to prepare the perfect chicken barbecue without burning the skin of the chicken. The answer to my problem was simply “patience”. Instead of grilling the chicken directly over heat (may it be in a charcoal or gas grill) in a short period of time, I arranged the chicken in the middle part of the grill and I only applied heat on the sides. This time, I took due diligence to measure the temperature and added more grilling time. The result was a great tasting and good looking chicken barbecue that I am really proud of.
This Easy Chicken Barbecue works great in any occasion. Always keep that grill going!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Easy Chicken Barbecue Recipe
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 recipe of chicken barbecue marinade
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon lime soda
- Make the basting sauce by combining barbecue sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, and lemon lime soda in a bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Arrange the chicken in a large bowl. Pour-in the chicken barbecue marinade. Make sure that all the chicken slices are coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl with a cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (the longer, the better).
- Heat-up your grill (around 320F). If you are using a charcoal grill, limit the charcoal in the two sides leaving an opening on the middle. If you are using a gas grill, only activate all the burner except the one in the middle (I am referring to the grill burners, not the one on the side, if your grill has one).
- Skewer at least 2 chicken slices in bamboo or metal skewers. Arrange the chicken in the middle of the grill wherein there is no direct heat in the bottom. The heat should be coming from the sides. This will take sometime to cook the chicken, but it prevents the skin from burning.
- Cover the grill (if applicable), and barbecue the chicken for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over to barbecue the other side. Baste the top of the chicken with the basting sauce. Barbecue for another 12 to 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken once more and baste the top part. Continue to barbecue for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over for the last time and brush some basting sauce on the top part. Continue to barbecue for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Using a meat thermometer, measure the internal temperature of the chicken. A safe temperature for poultry is 165F. If the temperature of your chicken barbecue is 160F and above, this means you are done; otherwise, continue to barbecue the chicken until the desired internal temperature is achieved.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment