Chicken Kebab Recipe
A kebob refers to an assortment of meat recipes that originated in the Middle East.
Lamb was the original meat of choice for kebobs, but due to the diverse taste preference of the world, almost all kinds of meat can be used to make one – even vegetables.
Chicken Kebob is a type of shish kebob recipe that I like. This makes use of tasty marinated chicken breasts and fresh vegetables. From what I understand, shish kebob is the term used to describe a skewered kebob. This can either be meat, poultry, or even fish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A kebab refers to an assortment of meat recipes that originated in the Middle East. Lamb was the original meat of choice for kebabs, but due to the diverse taste preference of the world, almost all kinds of meat can be used to make one – even vegetables. This Chicken Kebab Recipe that we have here has a little twist of Asian fusion in the sauce.
This Chicken Kebab Recipe is the type of shish kebab that I like most. It makes use of tasty marinated chicken breasts and fresh vegetables. From what I understand, shish kebab is the term used to describe a skewered kebab. This can either be meat, poultry, or even fish.
The taste of this chicken Kebab Recipe is awesome. In fact, it caught my attention right after the first bite. Chicken is one of the universal ingredients that taste good even if cooked the simplest way. However, it can be way even better if marinated in spices and seasonings. I must say that the marinade used to make this dish did a perfcet job; it made the kebab stand out – not to mention the fresh grilled vegetables, of course.
Do you have your own Chicken Kebab Recipe to share? How about other kebab recipes too? Can’t wait to hear from you.
Try this Chicken Kebab Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Chicken Kebab Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 piece red bell pepper, sliced into squares
- 1 piece green bell pepper, sliced into squares
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine garlic powder, salt, ground black pepper, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, olive oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Put the chicken in the bowl and mix with the other ingredients. Place the bowl in the fridge and marinate overnight.
- Skewer the vegetables (bell pepper, onion, and zucchini) and chicken alternately until the skewer is almost full. Note: if you are using a bamboo skewer, try to soak it in water for at least 20 minutes so that it won’t burn easily.
- Grill each side of Chicken Kebab in medium heat until the color turns medium brown.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve. You can eat this with rice, bread, and salad.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Note: I made an oriental twist with my dipping sauce. I did it by combining 2 1/2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce, half a tablespoon of soy sauce, a tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of water in a glass bowl. I mixed everything together and placed it in the microwave oven to cook for 30 seconds to a minute. It was really good.
Leave a Comment