Chicken Macaroni Soup is a very simple and easy chicken soup version that you can make at home. It is also tasty and full of that hearty chicken flavor. I’m not sure if it was only psychological, but I felt better after having a generous bowl of this chicken soup.
If you are a fan of Filipino chicken macaroni sopas, then there is big possibility that you will like this version. It is not creamy compared to the Pinoy sopas because milk is not part of the ingredient. However, it is so good and tasty that to the point that you won’t think about milk or any other ingredient to add.
I think that the secret to that awesome chicken taste has something to do with the state of the chicken that was used to make the dish. I used cooked rotisserie chicken when I made it. This is readily available in most groceries and you can purchase it as needed. You can also use baked chicken, and you can make one at home using this baked chicken recipe.
I remembered how good and tasty my arroz caldo got when I used rotisserie chicken, so I did the same thing here.
Try this simple and tasty chicken macaroni soup recipe. Let me know what you think.
Chicken Macaroni Soup
- 1 whole rotisserie or baked chicken
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 6 to 10 cups water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil the water in a large pot.
- Add the chicken, onion, carrot, and celery. Continue to boil in low heat for 40 to 50 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Let it cool down. Shred the meat using your fingers while you pull it out of the bone.
- Discard the bone and skin. Add the shredded chicken back to the pot.
- Add the macaroni. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!