Chicken Wings Inasal is the Filipino version of chicken wings wherein it is marinated in a vinegar concoction and grilled to perfection. This delicious chicken wings recipe takes time and patience to prepare, but the outcome is something to anticipate.
I am a huge fan of chicken wings. Buffalo wings and BBQ chicken wings are some of my favorites. At this point, I can say that chicken wings inasal had made it to my list. This is something that I really enjoyed having with Java Rice.
All inasal dishes go well with pickled papaya. This is known as atcharang papaya in the Philippines.
Try this Chicken Wings Inasal Recipe. Cheers!
Chicken Wings Inasal Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 cup 7-Up
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup margarine softened
- 1/2 teaspoon annatto powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine the ground black pepper, Cayenne pepper, ginger, garlic, sugar, vinegar, 7-up, turmeric, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add-in the chicken wings. Cover the bowl with a cling wrap. Marinate the chicken for 5 to 8 hours.
- Skewer the chicken wings in a bamboo skewer.
- In a small bowl, combine the margarine, annatto powder, lemon, and salt. Stir and set aside.
- Heat-up the grill. Start to grill the chicken while basting using margarine mixture. Grill the wings for 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer the grilled chicken wings to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!