Asian Chicken Stir Fry is a healthy chicken recipe that will surely catch your attention.
This Chicken Stir Fry recipe can be considered good for your heart because it uses skinless chicken breast. Did you know that Chicken breast cholesterol content is high when skin is present? Aside from having low cholesterol, this recipe is likely to build you muscles due to the chicken breast protein content. Seven ounces of chicken breast contains 60 grams of protein. This is equivalent to the amount of protein found in 7 cups of milk.
On another note – since we talked about cholesterol — it was published several years ago that garlic helps reduce cholesterol. You might think that garlic can help lower the cholesterol for this Chicken Stir Fry Recipe. However, it was discovered recently that garlic has nothing to do with cholesterol reduction.
This chicken Stir Fry Recipe is cooked using one of the popular culinary techniques in Asia: Stir Frying. This involves cooking chicken in a wok with very high amounts of heat for a short period of time.
The thing that I like most about this chicken recipe is its quick and easy preparation. I also like bell pepper — not only because of the colorful appearance, but also because of the bell pepper benefits in our health and wellness. The oriental taste of this dish and its nice texture makes me ask for more. In terms of pairing, this is best eaten with rice or noodles such as chow mein or pancit canton.
Try this Asian Chicken Stir Fry recipe and let me know what you think.
Asian Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce,and lemon juice. Mix well and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok, then saute ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Add the marinated chicken, and then stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put-in the salt, ground black pepper, hoisin sauce and sesame oil and continue to stir fry.
- Add red and green bell pepper, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with Yang Chow Fried Rice.
- Share and enjoy!