Corned Beef Silog is a meal composed of sautéed corned beef with onion, garlic fried rice, and fried egg. The corned beef used in this recipe are the ones in can. I used a Filipino brand, which was really good. On the other hand, I used leftover rice to make the sinangag. I also got some fresh eggs to fry.
Corned Beef Silog is one of the ultimate breakfast meals, in my opinion. It provides enough energy to start my day, while giving my taste buds an early morning satisfaction. A cup of coffee is all that I needed to complete this meal.
There are different ways to cook corned beef. There is this version that I call corned beef guisado. It involves cooking corned beef with potato and onion. Corned beef omelet is also another good dish that I like to have for breakfast. As for the beef in this recipe, it is simply cooked with onions, and it tastes really good.
You can prepare sinangag according to your preference. If you need guidance, the link for my simple recipe for sinangag can be found in the ingredient section below.
Try this Corned Beef Silog Recipe. Enjoy!
Corned Beef Silog
- Heat oil on a pan. Once the oil gets hot, crack an egg and fry sunny-side-up. Remove the fried egg and place in a plate. Do this step until all 3 eggs are cooked.
- Using the remaining oil, sauté the garlic until it turns medium brown. Add the onion and sauté until it softens.
- Add the corned beef. Sauté for 2 minutes
- Pour the beef broth in the pan. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the liquid evaporate. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange a cup of sinangag (garlic fried rice) and a piece of egg on a plate. Put 1/3 of the cooked corned beef. Do this step on all 3 plates. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!