Cranberry juice is perfect for thanksgiving especially if you have some fresh cranberries around. Did you know that combining cranberry with apple even tastes better? This simple Cranberry Apple Juice recipe will show you how it is done.
Now you will realize that fresh cranberries are not only meant for cranberry sauce. The process in making Cranberry Apple Juice is simple. All that you need to do is combine water and apple juice (you can even use fresh apples) and then add the cranberries and sugar when the liquid starts boiling.
You will need to reduce the heat to a simmer to extract the flavor from the cranberry. The berries should burst in about 15 minutes, but you will need to simmer further for optimum flavor. I use a stainless sieve to filter the cranberries while the juice is being transferred to a pitcher. It is better to serve a chilled Cranberry Apple Juice. You can either place it in the fridge for 3 hours or put some ice cubes in the pitcher.
Try this Cranberry Apple Juice Recipe and let me know what you think.
Cranberry Apple Juice
- Cranberry Apple Juice Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberry
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- Combine water and apple juice in a cooking pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and sugar. Stir and then simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the temperature cool down. Transfer the cranberry and apple juice in a pitcher while filtering the whole cranberries using a sieve.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or add some ice cubes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!