Coleslaw is a great side dish for fried chicken and other fried foods; in fact, several burger recipes make use of coleslaw. This apple coleslaw recipe that we have here is not your regular coleslaw; I tried to incorporate a fruit that is in season: apples.
I got tired of having the same coleslaw over and over again so I looked-up for unique coleslaw recipe ideas. Coleslaw with apples got my attention. I liked the idea of a colorful presentation so I decided to combine both green and red (purple) cabbage; it turned-out the way it should – this apple coleslaw recipe is fantastic!
I am enjoying breaded pork chops with a side of apple coleslaw as I complete this post. Of course, I followed every bit of this apple coleslaw recipe.
I wish that I could write more, but the delicious food that I’m having is distracting me. Oh well, I guess I’ll just keep on munching. Talk to you guys on the next post. Happy Eating!
Try this Apple Coleslaw recipe. Don’t forget to send your feedback.
Apple Coleslaw Recipe
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 medium cabbage shredded (you may combine half of green and red cabbage)
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1 medium Spanish onion sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- 2 pieces Granny Smith apples julienned
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make the dressing by combining vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbage, apples, onion, parsley, and carrots.
- Pour-in the dressing and toss until the vegetables are coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!