This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Melon Juice or Cantaloupe Juice is a simple and refreshing drink that you can prepare not only during summer time, but the whole year round as long as you have access to cantaloupe. It is very easy to make and the ingredients are inexpensive.
There are many ways to make melon or cantaloupe juice. This version suggest that the cantaloupe be scraped using a scraping tool. I got the scraping tool from the Philippines. It is usually sold in the wet market and grocery stores. I also use that same tool to make buko salad.
You can also modify the recipe below by adding fresh milk to make your melon juice richer. 1 cup of milk will do. In case you want to add more milk, try to add a little sugar too to balance the sweetness.
Try to make this Melon Juice using the recipe below. Cheers!
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 10 to 12 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- Slice the cantaloupe into half. Remove all the seeds.
- Using a melon baller or special cantaloupe scraper (I got mine from the Philippines), scrape the cantaloupe and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large pitcher, combine water, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until the sugar is diluted. Add the shredded cantaloupe. Stir again.
- Put lots of ice. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!