Marinated Shrimp with Lemon Dill Sauce is an appetizer dish that makes use of peeled semi-cooked shrimps. The preparation of this dish is a bit similar to how we make our “kilawin” although some of the ingredients are not common in a typical Filipino pantry.
I tried this appetizer while having some wine and it was a good combination – in my opinion. The taste is a little bit sour with a hint of sweetness and you can feel the creamy texture brought about by the mayonnaise and sour cream. This will make a good appetizer during cocktail parties and gatherings.
Maybe it’s time for you to raise your palate to the next level, don’t you think?
Try this Marinated Shrimp with Lemon Dill Sauce recipe
Marinated Shrimp with Lemon Dill Sauce
- 2 lbs. cooked shrimp head and shell removed and deveined
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large red onion sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup dill
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, salt, dill, and red onions then mix thoroughly.
- Add the shrimps then muddle up until the mixture covers the shrimps.
- Cover the top of the bowl with cling wrap then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold as an appetizer. Share and enjoy!