Aside from Halabos na Hipon, Steamed Shrimp is probably one of the easiest and quickest shrimp dishes that you can make. Can you believe that it only takes less than 10 minutes to prepare this dish? You might want to consider this recipe if you love shrimp and are looking for quick and easy ways to prepare it.
I love my steamed shrimp with dipped in spiced vinegar. Most of the people that I know like to eat this with rice, but I prefer to have it just by itself. This simple dish is very enjoyable to eat because the taste is mild and delightful. Since you are about to taste the natural flavor of shrimp, make sure to get the freshest shrimp that you can find.
Try this Steamed Shrimp Recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and ground black pepper all over the shrimp. Toss so that the seasoning will coat the shrimp. Let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the shrimp in a steamer. Pour around 2 cups of water in the steamer and turn on the heat. Steam the shrimp for 3 minutes. If you are using large shrimp or prawn, you can steam for up to 5 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp from the steamer and arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve with spiced vinegar.
- Share and enjoy