Dulong Fishcake or Fish Cake is type of fried patty traditionally made from fish fillet with the addition of some vegetables and spices. This resembles chicken burger patties or large chicken nuggets. Often times, this dish is made using white fish fillet. Since we love to go against the norm, we’ll be using a familiar ingredient. I am referring to dulong or silver fish.
Still remember our previous posts: dulong omelet and kinilaw na dulong? This dish is another addition to our list of dulong recipes.
One quality that I like most about this fish is its good taste. Although they are very small, these fishes are very tasty. In fact, taste was the main reason for me to make a fishcake out of them. Another plus factor is the ease of preparation; dulong can be eaten as they are (just make sure that you wash them first).
This dish is very easy to prepare. All you need to do is combine the ingredients; form a patty; and then fry. As for the sauce, ready made ranch dressing is best. You can squeeze- in a little lemon to make it taste fresh.
Try this Dulong Fishcake and let me know your thoughts.
- 1 lb dulong silver fish, cleaned
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 piece raw egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra vigin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine fish, 1/ 2 cup bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Scoop the mixture and shape into individual patties. Dredge in remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs. Set Aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. Pour-in olive oil.
- Pan-fry the fish patties in medium heat for about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan. Arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve with chips or salad and top with ranch dressing. Share and enjoy!