This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tortang Dulong or silverfish omelet is simple yet tasty fish omelet dish. If you read our post on Kinilaw na Dulong, silverfish might be familiar to you now. This omelet dish is as simple as the other omelet dishes that we have except that we are now using fish as part of the ingredient.
I was first introduced to this kind of omelet when I first visited my wife’s home town in Bauan, Batangas. Since the town is located by the Bay, several varieties of fresh seafood are readily available. According to the locals, there are lots of silverfish within the area and it even extends to the nearby town of Anilao, which is a good diving spot, by the way.
Fishing for Silverfish is not a hard thing to do, at least according to them. If they want to have Tortang Dulong for breakfast or even Kinilaw na dulong as “pulutan” while they are drinking or shall I say “nagbabarik”, all they have to do is paddle their way to the middle of the bay using a small boat arming themselves with just a bright light or “lampara” and fishing nets with fine holes. After a few hours, the fishermen are back with buckets full of silverfish.
How do you enjoy eating your omelet? Hope to hear from you, friends.
Try this Tortang Dulong Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
- 1 lb silverfish
- 4 pieces raw eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine eggs, salt, and ground black pepper then beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Add-in the silverfish and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan and pour-in cooking oil.
- Once the oil heats-up, scoop about half a cup of the mixture using a kitchen ladle and gently pour it in the frying pan.
- Cook the first side for about 3 to 5 minutes then flip to cook the other side.
- Turn-off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve for breakfast. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: