I live for the weekend. This easy classic macaroni salad is something that I always look forward to. It is best paired with grilled dishes such as inihaw na liempo or pork chop. I also enjoy this with chicken inasal.
It is great to spend quality time with my family as the week draws to a close. There is nothing like a good weekend lunch spread with our favorite comfort food and mac salad happens to be one of these.
My most favorite part is when my kids help me make the salad. It has always been a family bonding moment for us.
How to Make Classic Macaroni Salad
Making your own macaroni salad at home is quick and easy. It is fun too. This dish is perfect for any occasion, even on regular days.
Simply cook the elbow macaroni by following the package instructions. I add the green peas 1 1/2 minutes before the pasta completely cooks. Next is to simply make the dressing by combining and mixing the dressing ingredients, and then assemble the salad by tossing all the ingredients together.
Lady’s Choice Mayo helps makes my salad rich and creamy all the time. I am assured that my mac salad will always be delicious.
There are several ingredients that can be mixed and matched when making macaroni salad. I decided to have cubed cheese for this recipe, but shredded cheese is also nice to have. Here are the other ingredients that can be considered:
- bell peppers (capsicum). Use any color
- frozen green peas
- onion (yellow or red)
- sweet relish
- boiled eggs
- black olives
Try this Easy Classic Macaroni Salad Recipe. Enjoy you meal with the family!
Easy Classic Macaroni Salad
- 2 1/4 cups elbow macaroni
- 3 pieces boiled eggs peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 piece bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 piece red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 cup Lady's Choice Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil 5 cups water in a cooking pot. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Put elbow macaroni into the pot, stir and boil according to package instructions. Add the frozen green peas 1 1/2 minutes before the suggested time of boiling as indicated in the package. Drain water and set cooked macaroni and peas aside.
- Prepare the salad dressing. Place Lady's Choice Mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add remaining dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- In a large bowl. combine macaroni, peas, and all remaining salad ingredients. Toss until ingredients are distributed.
- Add salad dressing. Continue to toss until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!