Easy Macaroni Salad is a quick and simple macaroni salad recipe that makes use of elbow macaroni, mayonnaise, sour cream, and some veggies and seasonings. This macaroni salad recipe takes only around 20 minutes to prepare. It can be a good side dish for fried chicken, baked fish. Sometimes I try to have it with lechon kawali and kaldereta.
This easy macaroni salad recipe is simple and easy to prepare; all you have to do is cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions and then combine and mix all the remaining ingredients together. Aside from macaroni, you may also use other types of pasta such as calamaretti, cannelloni, canneroni, cannolicchi, garganelli, elicoidali, manicotti, mostaccioli, paccheri, penne, and tortiglioni.
You might notice that this macaroni salad does not require any meat ingredients while reading the recipe and watching the video below. Feel free to add meat such as diced boiled chicken breast (or see this recipe for chicken macaroni salad) and tuna flakes, if you wish.
If you are the type of person who wants a more festive type of macaroni salad, I suggest that you also try our Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad.
How to Cook Easy Macaroni Salad
As the name of the recipe say, easy macaroni salad is simple to prepare; all you need it to cook the macaroni according to the directions in the package, let the water drip and let it cool down for a few minutes. The next steps is to add all the ingredients and blend together using a spoon or a spatula.
Don’t forget to chill your macaroni before serving.
Try this Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe. Enjoy!
Easy Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 small red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley flat leaf
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the cooked macaroni, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Mix well.
- Add the onion, sweet relish, celery and parsley. Fold to mix the ingredients.
- Put-in the mustard powder, ground black pepper, sugar, and salt. Continue to fold until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!