This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Macaroni Fruit Salad is a favorite Filipino dessert during the holidays and special occasions. This is not your typical macaroni salad. It is more of a dessert rather than a side dish. It is sweet, creamy, and heavenly.
This salad is more popular in the southern parts of the Philippines – in Visayas and parts of Mindanao, to be specific. This sweet concoction can have several components, just like what you see in this Sweet Mac Salad Recipe.
Note that this version will give you a soupy sweet mac salad. It has something to do with the all-purpose cream. I understand that this is a personal preference. Limit the all-purpose cream to half, or do not use it at all if you don’t like yours to be soupy.
How to Make Macaroni Fruit Salad
I think that it is proper to say that that most macaroni salads are quick and easy to make. This is no exception. It only takes around 15 minutes to assemble. This includes the macaroni cooking time.
The first thing to do is cook the macaroni according to package instructions. Drain the water and set it aside.
Prepare the dressing by combining condensed milk, cream, and mayonnaise in a bowl. Stir using a wire whisk until smooth.
Combine macaroni with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss until well blended.
I enjoy my salad cold. For this reason, I chill it in the fridge for at least 1 hour before indulging on it.
This is a perfect dessert that you can make this Christmas and any holidays and occasions. It is quick and easy to make, and it tastes delicious.
Try this Macaroni Fruit Salad Recipe for the holidays and anytime you please. Enjoy!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 15 ounces fruit cocktail
- 1/2 cup red kaong
- 1/2 cup green kaong
- 6 ounces cheese cubed
- 1 1/4 cups Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- 10 ounces condensed milk
- 7 ounces table cream
- a pich of salt
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Discard water and arranged cooked macaroni in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a bowl, including Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. Mix until the texture smoothens. Set aside.
- Combine macaroni, fruit cocktail, kaong, and cheese. Gently toss.
- Pour the dressing mixture into the bowl. Toss until all ingredients are well bleneded.
- Cover the bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve for dessert. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Make Macaroni Fruit Salad