This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What is Guacamole? It is a delicious dip. It can also be applied as a spread for breads. This easy guacamole recipe can make a good addition to burrito too.
Preparing fresh guacamole is always recommended because fresh food always tastes awesome compared to frozen or packaged foods. Making guacamole is really easy provided that you have all the ingredients in front of you. This guacamole recipe will even help you ease they preparation by leveraging on your food processor. Sometimes food preparation can get done fast when we use electric kitchen tools.
I started making this delicious guacamole by peeling the avocado and removing the pit. Fresh lime juice needs to be applied to the avocados right away to prevent oxidation. Do you notice that the avocado turns brown when exposed to air? This is the result of the oxidation process. The avocado mixes with oxygen and creates a reaction that makes the avocado change its color. The lime juice covers the fruit from oxygen avoiding any reaction. This helps the avocado maintain its color.
You can leave the avocado for a few minutes while processing the other ingredients. Plum tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and garlic go directly to the food processor for shredding. The shredded mixture needs to be combined with the avocado before mashing. I use a simple potato masher for this process. This is how I easily make my own fresh guacamole.
Try this Easy Guacamole Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 2 avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cooking Procedure
- Combine avocados, salt, and lime juice. Coat the avocados with lime. Set aside.
- Put together the remaining ingredients in bowl and then shred using a food processor.
- Add the shredded ingredients with the avocado and then mash using a fork of potato masher. Mix well.
- Serve as a dip for tortilla chips or serve with burritos. Share and enjoy!