This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Easy Kung Pao Shrimp Recipe is all about making your own homemade kung pao shrimp quicker.
This recipe makes it easier and faster to cook kung pao shrimp at home. Instead of making one from scratch, I used store-bough kung pao sauce. In case you want to make the sauce from scratch, refer to the previous recipe.
You might also like to try my other kung pao recipes:
How to Cook Kung Pao Shrimp
Start by sautéing ginger and garlic. Do this by heating oil on a pan. Add the ginger first, followed by the garlic. Quickly stir-in dried chili pepper and peanuts. These cooks for a good one minute.
Add onion and zucchini. Stir fry for 1 minute, and then add bell pepper. You can use any color of bell pepper. I utilized red for this particular recipe.
Add the shrimp next. Continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes or until shrimp turns orange. You can pour the sauce afterwards. I got the kung pao sauce from my local grocery store. This might not be always available in your local supermarkets, so that mean you have to make one from scratch if this happens (see link above for details).
Finish this off by adding the scallions and seasonings. I love having this with Yang Chow Fried rice.
Try this Easy Kung Pao Shrimp Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Heat a pan or wok then pour the cooking oil.
- Once the cooking oil gets hot, quickly saute the ginger and garlic. Do this fast to prevent the spices from getting burnt.
- Put-in the dried chili and peanuts. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and zucchini. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in the bell peppers. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Continue to stir-fry for 2 to 5 minutes. do not overcook the shrimp
- Pour-in the kung pao sauce. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the scallions. Sprinkle salt and pepper, if needed. Try to taste your dish at this point to see if you will need to add salt and pepper.
- Stir and transfer to a serving plate.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Kung Pao Shrimp