This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Max’s style Fried Chicken is a copycat recipe of the popular and delicious Max Fried Chicken dish served by Max’s Restaurant. It is crispy on the outside, while tender and juicy in the inside. This fried chicken version is also very flavorful. I think that this is worthy enough to be the best copycat recipe. Your opinion matters too and it will be great if you can try this recipe later so that you can see for yourself.
I am using Cornish game hen for this recipe. This is smaller compared to regular chicken. So, if you are using regular chicken, make sure to add more cooking time for the chicken to be cooked correctly. The first procedure that I did was to steam the chicken in a mixture of herbs and seasonings. This makes the chicken tender while infusing the flavor and aroma of the herbs. Once our Max Fried Chicken has been steamed, we let is stand for about 10 minutes to drain excess liquid before deep frying. This will give you a nice tasting fried chicken that is juicy in the inside and crisp in the outside.
This Fried Chicken dish is served with fried kamote (sweet potato) and best eaten with Jufran banana ketchup or Worcestershire sauce. To make your dining experience more realistic, you can serve Lumpiang Sariwa and Pancit Canton along with it.
Try this Max Fried Chicken recipe. and let me know what you think.
- 1 whole spring chicken cornish game hen
- 6 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a steamer, pour the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the dried bay leaves and chopped cilantro in the boiling water
- Steam the chicken for 45 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the steamer and allow the excess liquid to drip. Let the chicken cool down.
- Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken.
- In a deep-fryer or tall pot, pour the cooking oil and apply heat.
- When the cooking oil is hot enough, deep-fry the chicken for about 12 minutes. (If the chicken is not entirely immersed in oil, flip the chicken to fry the other side for another 12 minutes or until color turns golden brown)
- Remove the chicken from the fryer and allow oil to drip.
- Serve hot with fried kamote (fried sweet potato). Share and Enjoy!