Pancit Canton is a noodle dish that is of Chinese origin. This is prepared pretty much like the Pancit Bihon, though an obvious distinction would be the noodles used (rice sticks vs. flour sticks). This dish closely resembles the Chow Mein but preparation and some ingredients vary.
As mentioned in the video, there are several ways to cook Pancit (or Pansit). This recipe shows another approach in preparing the second staple dish of the Philippines. By the way, please don’t forget your calamansi (or lemon). Pancit tastes better when calamansi is squeezed over it before eating.
Preparing Pancit Canton is not complicated. In fact, you can easily do it just by following our step by step recipe. You can even watch our cooking video on how to cook pancit canton to be sure of what you are doing.
It is best to serve pancit canton during special occasions such as birthday parties and fiestas. This is often consumed for lunch but will also make a good afternoon snack. Aside from the ingredients indicated below, you may use other ingredients such as chicken balls and squid balls.
Try this delicious Pancit Canton Recipe. Send us your feedback.
- 1 lb flour sticks (or pancit canton, about 500 grams)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ head cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, julienned
- 2 cups pork, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced chorizo
- 8 pieces medium sized shrimps (optional)
- 1 cup parsley, chopped finely
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cups snow peas
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a pan, heat the oil then sauté the garlic and onion
- Add the pork and cook until the outer part turns light brown
- Add the soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes
- Put in the chorizo, oyster sauce, and chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes
- While simmering, blanch all the vegetables in a separate pot
- Put in the parsley and shrimp on the pan where the pork, chorizo, and other ingredients are cooked
- Add salt and pepper to taste then let cook for 2 minutes
- Put in the Flour sticks and cook until the liquid has been absorbed by the noodles
- Add all the blanched vegetables and mix with the rest of the ingredients
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!