Meatloaf is a dish made from ground meat (usually combined ground beef and pork) and formed into a loaf. Aside from the meat, different vegetables and spices are added to provide additional flavor. This dish is typically baked but slow cooker and microwave oven are sometimes used.
Almost all the countries in the world have their own meatloaf variation (Embutido is considered as the the local meatloaf of the Philippines). This traditional Meatloaf recipe is considered as one of the top comfort foods here in the Midwest.
Try this Meatloaf recipe.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup onion minced
- 1 cup celery minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- Combine the ground beef, minced celery, and minced onions in a mixing bowl then mix well.
- Add the eggs, minced garlic, bread crumbs, salt, ground black pepper, worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, and tomato paste then mix all the ingredients together
- Transfer the mixed ingredients in a loaf pan.
- Spread the ketchup evenly on top of the meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 75 minutes
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!