Fried fish sandwich is a delicious sandwich recipe involving mahi-mahi fillets. The fish is dredged in flour, dipped in beaten egg, and then coated with bread crumbs. The sandwich is assembled with lettuce, tomato, and tartar sauce.
This is a quick and easy meal to serve during lunch. In fact, this makes a good school lunch for your kids. While mahi mahi is the suggested type of fish in this recipe, you can also use other types. For example, tilapia, cod, and even whiting fillets make good fish sandwiches.
Filipino Vegetable Recipes
If you are looking for a version with less grease, try baking the coated fish in the oven in 350F for about 25 minutes. This will result will have no grease, but the color may not be the appetizing golden brown that you expect. The taste is still good though.
Try this Fried Fish Sandwich recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 4 (3 oz.) pounds fresh mahi-mahi fillets
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup tartar sauce
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 pieces Kaiser Roll or hamburger bun
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the mahi-mahi fillets.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Dredge the mahi-mahi in flour and then dip in beaten egg.
- Roll the fish fillet in Panko breadcrumbs while pressing a little to ensure that the crumbs stick.
- Pan-fry each side in low to medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Assemble the sandwich by arranging the tomato and lettuce. Put the fried fish fillet in and then top with tartar sauce.
- Serve with sweet potato fries.
- Share and enjoy!