This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fried Mushrooms make a delicious appetizer. I love to eat it with ranch dip, or even tomato ketchup. When there are no condiments around, I can even it eat as it is. The natural taste of cooked mushrooms provides the flavor while the batter compliments the mushroom taste; it also adds a little bit of crisp texture.
This Fried Mushrooms recipe is not fancy at all. It can be simply described as “mushrooms dipped in a special batter and deep fried until crisp”. Based from the description, you will know that this is an easy recipe that anyone can make.
When it comes to the type of mushrooms, I usually grab the most common (and probably cheapest): white mushrooms or crimini mushrooms. These are the commonly used varieties to make this appetizer. If you do not like mushrooms, you can use vegetables such as zucchini, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, broccoli, and many more.
As for the dip, I am using commercial ranch dips. If you prefer low calorie dips, try using fat free ranch salad dressing.
Try this Fried Mushrooms Recipe and let me know what you think.
Fried Mushrooms Recipe
- 20 pieces medium whole white mushrooms, cleaned
- 3 to 4 cups cooking oil
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Combine all the mushroom batter ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well using a wire whisk. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep cooking pot.
- Dip the mushroom in the batter, and then deep fry in medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until the color turns medium to golden brown.
- Remove from the cooking pot and place in a plate lined with paper towels (to absorb the excess oil).
- Serve with ranch dressing.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 5