Galbi is a Korean grilled beef short ribs recipe. It is also known as Kalbi.
This is easy beef recipe is simple to make. It only requires the the meat to be marinated for a reasonable amount of time before grilling. If you are a cooking newbie, you won’t have a hard time making this dish. This is as simple as making Inihaw na Liempo.
Choosing the right meat is important. Beef – in general – is not as tender as chicken, but there are certain parts that are softer than the rest: the short ribs is one of them. Make sure that you do not over cook the meat so that it will remain tender.
Galbi is usually eaten with leafy vegetables such as lettuce. The meat is wrapped with the veggie and dipped in fermented bean paste. However, this dish can also be eaten with steamed rice. This is what I do all the time. I like it dipped in toyomansi along with some chili sauce.
Try this Galbi Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs beef short ribs sliced
- 3/4 cups light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Make the marinade by combining soy sauce, garlic, sugars, rice wine, sesame oil, and chili powder in a bowl. Stir.
- Place the beef short ribs in a heavy duty freezer bag and pour in the marinade.
- Secure the freezer bag by sealing the edges. Make sure to release all the air inside the bag before closing.
- Place the bag in the fridge and marinate overnight.
- Grill the short ribs for about 4 to 8 minutes per side (depending on the heat) while basting with the remaining marinade.
- Place in a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!